37 Weeks - Full Term!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm finally full term! Woo hoo!!

I had my weekly OB appointment yesterday. I had the doctor check to see if I've been progressing at all, and I'm at 1 cm! Even though I have been having an occasional crampy feeling & pressure, I honestly wasn't expecting to be dilated at all so it's a little exciting!

Today I had to go in for an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid levels. On Tuesday and Wednesday Joel wasn't feeling as active as he normally does so the doctor wanted to check the fluids just to make sure they aren't getting low. Thankfully the levels were normal and he has been more active! And according to the ultrasound he is 8lbs 9oz! (J and I were both big babies so it's really no surprise that Joel is too!) The ultrasound could be a pound off though, so he could actually be 7 lbs 9 oz or 9 lbs 9 oz. So unless I go into labor on my own soon (which I'm hoping I don't since my doctor is going to be out of town for a week!!) we're just going to monitor his weight, and if he continues to get bigger I will more than likely have a c-section. Honestly I won't be upset if I need a c-section.. I would actually prefer it.. is that weird?

Anyway, here is our baby boy..  :)


{I can't wait to see if he will have dark hair like me or blonde like his daddy!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs