First Glimpse

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I had my first ultrasound this morning! It definitely made this become real to me! (I drive J nuts because I'm constantly questioning whether there is really a baby in there. ha) We were unable to hear the heartbeat which was a bummer, BUT we were able to see it flutter on the screen which was just as good for us. I wish I could have taken a picture of the smile that was on J's face the entire time--it was priceless! :)
Everything looked great.. but at one point the doctor did freak me out a bit. She was looking at my ovaries and saw something that looked "interesting." Below one of my ovaries was what appeared to be an extra ovary. On the screen it looked like sunglasses. (Yeah, leave it to me to be a freakshow right!) The doctor started taking extra photos so she could have someone else look at it because she kept saying she had never seen anything like it before. Somewhere in the middle of trying not to have a panic attack it finally clicked in my head to mention that I had taken Clomid... My comment was followed by "ohhhh..... well.. that explains it." Apparently taking Clomid can overstimulate your ovaries.. so the thing that appeared to be an extra ovary was just an extra follicle caused by the Clomid.


So without further ado... here is our tiny miracle.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs