March The Hill 2014

Saturday, March 22, 2014

At the beginning of March I once again had the amazing opportunity to attend March The Hill with the TS Alliance in Washington, DC. I went last year and represented the entire Pacific Northwest. (You can read about it here.) This year I represented Ohio and Kentucky with a few other people.

Traveling while pregnant made me nervous but everything went smoothly and I had a great time. It was fun to see friends from last year--friends that I usually only get to communicate with via FB--and exciting to make new friends this year. I hate that Tuberous Sclerosis is the reason we met but I'm thankful to have these people in my life. It gives me a sense of peace in knowing that even if something happened to me and I was no longer able to advocate for Joel, there are still so many amazing people that are willing to be his voice and fight for his cure.

Whenever I come home from these trips I always feel empowered and honored to be able to advocate for Joel and others fighting TSC. There are not enough thank you's in the world that I could give to the TS Alliance for allowing me to attend March The Hill with them.


a few members of the TS Alliance of Ohio with Senator Sherrod Brown 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs