My Trip To DC & The Flu

Saturday, March 2, 2013

I had a great time in Washington, DC for March The Hill! I was only able to meet with 10 Legislative Assistants but it still felt very empowering to be there & to be able to share our story. Overall the meetings went well, and I think we will definitely have lots of support from Congress to continue the funding for the Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Research Program.

Meeting everyone from the TS Alliance was bittersweet for me. It was awesome to be surrounded by people that understand exactly what we are dealing with and have felt the same fears we do.. but it's also heartbreaking to know so many people are suffering from TSC. I made lots of new friends though, and I hope I will be able to see them all again this summer.


I was worried about how Joel would handle me being away (because I had never been away from him overnight) but he did way better than I ever imagined! I was gone for three days and I think it was harder on me than him. I arrived back in Seattle on Thursday morning and I was so happy--I couldn't wait to see my little man and his daddy! Unfortunately I woke up yesterday morning with a 103.5 fever and had to go to the ER.. I have the flu so Jer has me quarantined to our bedroom. Poor Joel doesn't understand why he can't be in here with me so he knocks on the door and cries for me. It breaks my heart! :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs