Trusting

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'll never forget the first time we went to the children's hospital... As we walked through the area to check-in we passed many sick babies and I had to fight back tears more than once. When we sat down in the waiting area I looked at Jer and said, "coming here makes me realize just how blessed we really are.. I mean, we are only coming here for a cosmetic thing.. and there are so many people here for something worse."

We now know that our baby boy has more than just a cosmetic thing. He has a rare genetic disease that has caused benign tumors to grow on his brain. I could sit around, worry, and question "why our baby, Lord? Why??"  but I'm not.. and I haven't. Instead I'm choosing to trust God.
 "Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7
God has definitely given me peace. That's the only way I know how to explain it. I've been a worry wart all my life but I haven't worried about this situation once.

I know He is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs