Nee-Nee!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

After Joel was born he would cry and make a "nee-nee!" sound if he was hungry. We thought it was cute so we now refer to breastfeeding as Nee-Nee. When we see that he is hungry we will say "he wants the Nee-Nee."  :)

I have been exclusively breastfeeding giving Joel the Nee-Nee {on demand} since he was born. Before he was born I decided I would TRY to at least breastfeed until he was 6 months old. Well he is 4 months so his pediatrician recently suggested that we start giving him a bottle once a day so he can get use to it and to give myself a break. Well we have tried twice.. once yesterday and again today.. and both times he didn't want anything to do with it. And honestly.. I'm ok with it. I love the bonding time that breastfeeding has given me with him. He loves to hold my hand/fingers while he is nursing and it just melts my heart! :) I do feel a little bad though, because I can tell that J really wants to experience giving him a bottle. So I'm torn on what to do -- should I continue to give him just the Nee-Nee, or should I keep trying to see if he will warm up to the bottle?


&Truth be told, when I was pregnant I was totally creeped out by the whole breastfeeding thing. The idea of milk coming from ME was weird! Come on you know you probably thought/think it too! haha The first time he nursed it all felt so natural though, and I feel proud that I've been able to do it for as long as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs