Our Trip To The South - Vacation Recap 1

Sunday, May 29, 2011

We celebrated Joel's first Easter while we were in the South. The Easter Bunny brought lots of goodies that he loved. ;)DSCN0418_2 

On Easter we went to a crawfish boil. It was a really nice day but we ate way too much food (crawfish, shrimp, gumbo, & lots of desserts) so we were in a food coma for the rest of the day! HA
DSCN0431_2

The main reason we traveled home to the South was for my friend's wedding that I was a bridesmaid in.
DSCN0402

DSCN0400_1
There were peacocks roaming around the venue.. during the ceremony one walked right in front of the bride & groom and showed everyone its beautiful feathers! It was awesome!

DSCN0413_2
Me and my cutie! :)

We had a baby dedication ceremony a few days later at the base chapel.
DSCN0459_2
It was a last minute thing (hence my less than fabulous outfit), and I'm SO thankful that the Chaplain agreed to do it for us. It was really special. Looking back I wish I would've had someone record it for us!
DSCN0449_1

The only person other than family that we invited to the ceremony was my friend A. We have been friends since we were 12 or 13. When J and I were discussing the whole godparents/who would we leave the baby with in case something happened thing, I didn't even have to second guess that it would be A.
DSCN0474_1
There aren't many people you can trust in this world, and for me to trust someone--especially with my son--says ALOT! I know without a doubt that if something happened to us A would take care of Joel like he was her own. That's just the type of person/friend she is.
DSCN0485_1

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs