L&D Tour & A Checkup

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yesterday I had my pre-admission visit at the hospital. After filling out a ton of paperwork we were able to take a tour of the labor and deliver center. I was so nervous as the doors to the L&D opened up.. I kept praying that I wouldn't hear any screams from women in labor because I knew it would only freak me out and I would probably beg J to never take me back! Ha! Thankfully it was quiet.. BUT.. I'm still nervous. That's normal though, right? :)


Today I had my weekly checkup. I haven't gained any weight since last week and the doc says it's a very good thing because it means I haven't been swelling any more. We're hoping it stays that way (as far as the swelling) because it eases our concerns about the preeclampsia.

Next week I think the doctor might examine me to see if I've been making any progress. I'm really not expecting anything though. Not sure why but I just have that feeling.

Oh, and we're hoping Joel doesn't decide to come during the 24th-28th of this month because my doctor will be out of town! She said I did not have permission to go into labor without her. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs