First Snow Storm

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yesterday I woke up to more snow! It was more snow than I've ever seen in my whole life! Needless to say it made me super excited, and I couldn't wait for J to get home so we could go outside and play in it! I've only seen snow three times and it normally only lasted an hour, so I was anxious/worried all day that the snow would melt before J got home.

{Yes.. I obviously have alot to learn about living in the Pacific Northwest!}

The snow definitely didn't stop or melt. In fact, it only got worse. I was still excited though.. until.. around 8 PM.. when our power went out. J of course was calm since he is from Ohio and has been through many snow storms, but this Southern girl.. she was freaking out! All I kept thinking was "omg.. it's 20 degrees outside, with a wind chill of 13.. and we no longer have heat in our house... omg, we're going to freeze to death!" So I did what any Southern girl would do. I called my mama!

She reassured me that everything would be alright, and that J wouldn't let us freeze to death. J had been telling me these things the whole time but somehow hearing it from my mama made everything all better. Ha!

So anyway, J and I curled up on the couch under blankets and played card games by candle light. It was nice to spend time with each other without any background distractions (like the TV or computers).


Thankfully our power came back on around 10:30, but there are still people in nearby cities without power and they might not get it back on until Friday! So please keep those people in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs