Birthday & Baby Stuff

Sunday, September 5, 2010

J didn't have to work on Friday (my birthday) so he was able to spend the whole day with me. We had breakfast in bed and then chilled around the house until around dinner time. For dinner he took me to a super yummy restaurant in a nearby town. It's one of those restaurants where everything they have is fancy and you feel dumb for not knowing what things are so you end up ordering something that sounds very American & simple, like a hamburger. Well, that's what we did anyway! We did live a little on the edge with our starter meal though.. we both tried shrimp fritters for the first time. ha! For dessert we ordered a molten chocolate cake that was super YUMMY. After dinner we walked around the harbor [to work off all the food we ate] and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Overall I'd have to say it was the perfect birthday. =)

You can't see it but I'm carrying a fabulous KS bag that J got me!

I LOVE IT!

Today we made our first big baby purchase! We saw online that Tarjay was having a sale on baby stuff, and you could get a free changing table with the purchase of select matching cribs. The crib just so happened to be one that we both really liked. It was a Graco Lauren 4-in-1 Convertible Crib..
We actually saw the crib at a different store for more $$$ so we knew we needed to take advantage of the sale while it lasted. Well, apparently everyone and their momma had the same idea because they were sold out. The manager even checked with a store in a different town but they were sold out too! So he offered us a different crib + changing table and said we could use the sale coupon. At first I wasn't too sure about it because the crib he was offering us (a Delta Glenwood in Cinnamon) wasn't dark like we wanted and it was only a 3-in-1, but the changing table looked better & in the end we would be saving money.. so we bought it! I can't wait for J to put them together!

We also bought a Fisher-Price Lil Lamb Dream Swing that was on sale...

At first I was unsure if we should go ahead and buy it because I've heard that some babies don't like swings, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. It's usually around $150 and we got it for $119! So I'm just going to cross all my fingers and hope our baby will enjoy it!

Our receipt said we saved $120.98 on everything we bought, which made us super happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs