How I Spent Our Anniversary

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yesterday I was super worried that I would be depressed today since J wouldn't be here to celebrate with me. I stayed up late praying about it.. and I have to tell you.. prayer works! Seriously, I don't care if you want to argue with me about it, it really does work! I woke up with a smile on my face and a peace in my heart that only comes from Heaven above. I have been so anxious and stressed lately about J's safety (something else I stayed up praying about) that I've been losing sleep and feeling like a mess during the day, so I was beyond thankful when I woke up feeling this way. Sometimes I let fear get the best of me and I have to remind myself that God is in control, and I have to trust that He will keep my husband safe. It's not easy for a control freak like me to just "let go and let God.." but I'm learning it's the only way for me to stay sane!


So anyway, this is how my day went:

  • I woke up to a phone call from my husband. That alone is enough to make my whole day! ;)
  • After lunch I took advantage of the gift certificate I received for Christmas and I had an amazing massage! It was the first time in 5 months that I've been able to relax. I'm now convinced there should be a law or something that says every military spouse gets 1 free massage per month of deployment! hehe
  • A few hours later I met up at a local beauty college with my lovely new friend Melisa. (Melisa and I met at the FRG's Over The Hump party back in November.) Our housing community hosted a ladies night at the beauty college so all the spouses could get pampered for free, and Melisa asked me to go with her. I was able to get a manicure which was nice.. and Melisa "got her hair did." ha
  • After the manicure I headed to LifeWay. I had a $10 gift card that I won during the Wives of Faith 12 Days of Christmas Blog Carnival and it was burning a hole in my wallet, so I decided to buy a new book. I found two that I was interested in (Every Woman's Battle and Hope for the Home Front).. and at first I couldn't decide which one to get.. I put my first choice (Every Woman's Battle) down and decided to wait to get it. But as I walked around the store I couldn't stop thinking about it so I went back and got it. (I'll let you know how it turns out.)
  • On the way home I stopped at Sonic and got a yummy Reece's Sonic Blast. I figured ice cream was the best way to end a good day since I don't drink alcohol. ;)
& There you have it folks.. that is how I spent my 2nd anniversary. I'm thankful that I was able to enjoy my day even though J is away, but I have to admit.. there were moments when I did feel selfish about it. I hope I'm not the only spouse that goes through that.. you do something nice for yourself [once in a blue moon] during a deployment and then feel guilty because your husband is in a war zone and the highlight of his day is probably if the porta potty is clean and has toilet paper. (Well, I know that would be MY only highlight if I were over there. ha)


P.S. Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs