My Funniest Christmas Memory

Thursday, December 17, 2009

When I was growing up every year on Christmas Eve my mom's side of the family would get together and exchange gifts. One year (when I was 12 or 13) we had the party at my aunt's house, and everyone thought it would be fun to watch old home videos from our past Christmases. It was hilarious seeing everyone dressed in their best late 80's & early 90's outfits--mullets and crazy perms included. The best video of the night though involved a few of my older cousins dancing and singing to Milli Vanilli's "Girl You Know It's True," and a 3 or 4 year old Karren (me) sitting on the couch watching them & picking her nose! My uncle recorded the video and he would slowly move away from the boys dancing so I wouldn't notice that he was catching me dig for gold... but when I did notice that he was looking I would freeze up and slowly move my eyes towards him to see if he was still looking at me. It was too funny!! I of course was embarrassed for a minute but it had everyone rolling on the floor from laughing so hard!


*For other funny Christmas memories, visit Wives of Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs