Good News, Bad News

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Good News: J will be able to transfer in 2010.

At the beginning of the week J looked at his orders only to realize they said he was suppose to transfer in 2011 instead of 2010 like we thought. He has already been extended in the battalion longer than he is technically "suppose" to so he knew there had to be a mistake. Turns out it was just a typo! It was a huge relief because otherwise he would have to deploy again!


Bad News: Deployment might be extended.

J called this morning and freaked me out.. The first thing he said was "I need you to be strong for me ok." My first thought was something bad happened to him. Thankfully it wasn't anything too serious, but it's still nothing I wanted to hear. He received a warning order that deployment may be extended a couple months. He called me as soon as he found out because he didn't want me to read about it on the Internet. (I guess the rumors were posted all over FB and a bunch of wives unfortunately had to find out that way.) He was expecting me to be super upset.. and honestly I'm still surprised I didn't flip out.. but I just had a peace in that moment that I cannot & probably will never be able to explain. I do know where the peace is coming from though, and I'm so thankful for it Him! I guess it's just proof that God has definitely been doing a work in my heart lately.. because I won't lie, normally I would be very upset and I might even say a few mean things to my husband. (Hey, I never said I was perfect!) Yes it sucks that I will have to wait a few more months, but getting upset & crying about it won't change anything. All I can do is put my big girl panties on and deal with it.


Good News: J was able to choose his next duty station.

It's not official until he gets the orders in his hand, but so far it's pretty much a sealed deal.


Bad News: Moving away from home to be with your husband sometimes makes you the bad guy with your family & friends.

We will be moving very far away this summer. I'm nervous but excited. I will have to get on a airplane for the very first time, and I'm not too excited about it! To make it worse, when I told the one person that I needed to encourage me and be excited with me, I got a cold shoulder + a "well, it's been nice knowing ya." It hurt more than words could ever say. I couldn't believe the one person that is always preaching about submitting to your husbands was actually making me feel selfish for it!

* Mil wives -- how did you deal with your first big move? How did your family and friends react when you told them you were going to be very far away? Did you have friends try to make you feel like crap for being excited to move away with your husband? Did they list all the bad qualities about where you would be moving? If so, what was your response?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs