The Little Things

Friday, October 9, 2009

This morning I was able to talk to my husband on FB and he told me they recently received letters from kids in California. In one of the letters a young girl wrote, "I had pizza today. Do you like pizza? Thank you soldier!" It was something so simple, and yet it made his day. He thought it was cool to know there are people out there that still care about them. It had nothing to do with getting a thank you (in fact, he would actually tell you he doesn't deserve it).. it was just the simple fact in knowing that people back home in the USA--the people that they are fighting for--are still thinking about them.

I asked if they were able to write the kids back and he said yes, there was an email address included with the letters. I told him he should definitely write a thank you back... and now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind writing one myself! I want them to know how much we (military families) appreciate them for supporting our loved ones while they are overseas. I know they are just kids, but I want them to know how important and special they are for supporting our troops. I don't want them to think it ever went unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs