Early Intervention Re-Evaluation

Saturday, October 26, 2013

We were finally able to have Joel re-evaluated for early intervention!

We had to see the same lady that did his first evaluation though, and I honestly wasn't looking forward to seeing her again.. especially because every time we had talked she made it very clear that her mind was already made up about the situation. I prayed and prayed and prayed before our appointment.. hoping God would open her eyes so my baby could get the help he needs.

She came to our house for the appointment and she stayed for almost an hour. During that time [my prayers were answered because] she realized she definitely needed to put in a recommendation for Joel to be in the early intervention classroom! It was nice to finally have someone (other than family) see firsthand all the things I had been explaining.

Now we are facing a different hurdle though--the ugly wait list that likes to follow us every where we go. Ugh. I hate wait lists with a passion! I'm praying we will be able to get Joel in the classes soon. Thankfully the lady that did the evaluation has offered to come to the house once a week to help while we fight the wait list. I'm thinking she is only doing this because she realized she made a mistake, but whatever..we will take all the help we can get for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs