Big Boy Bed

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I breastfed Joel for 18 months and during that time I would always rock him to sleep while he nursed. Even though he no longer breastfeeds I have continued to rock him to sleep every night. It's just our thing. I rock him and pray and he holds my hand until he falls asleep, and then I put him in bed. I cherish that time at night because I know I won't be able to do it forever.

He has already grown so much that it has become much harder for me to lift him up over the side of the crib to lay him down.. So, we decided it was time to make the switch to a big boy bed. I was nervous about how he would do.. mostly because it took forever & a day for him to start sleeping through the night and I didn't want to ruin that. But thankfully we haven't had any issues. Every morning when he wakes up he runs straight down the hall to our room, swings open the door, and jumps into our bed with a huge smile on his face. It's one of those moments I wish I could record in my memory forever.

{I bought a pillow for him but he doesn't like it so it usually ends up on the ground at the foot of his bed.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs