"Me" Time

Monday, April 11, 2011

Friday afternoon I had some much needed "me" time. I went to the hair salon and left Joel at home with J for the first time. I was nervous Joel would cry the whole time I was gone but thankfully he did great. I fed him before I left so he slept the whole time and didn't even know I was gone. I was greeted at the door with big smiles when I got home which was the sweetest thing ever ;) but --

I still felt guilty for leaving him. In fact, all week I went back & forth on whether I was going to go to the appointment. I knew a break would be good for me, but I just had this overwhelming guilt. (I guess that's normal for new mom's? I don't know.) In the end I really appreciated the break. It was nice to get out of the house, to drive the car and listen to whatever I wanted as loud as I wanted, and have girl mom talk with someone face to face instead of over the phone or FB chat.

I now think it should be mandatory for mommas to have a break every now & then! It doesn't have to be anything spectacular.. an hour at the salon for a hair cut, a pedicure, or a quick trip to Tarjay alone would be great. Heck, I would even be happy with just an uninterrupted shower or bubble bath so I could wash my hair and shave my legs!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs