Deep Thinking

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Recently in my hometown three beautiful young ladies passed away. They were all killed in [separate] car accidents. Two were killed by drunk drivers. All three of their deaths have affected me in different ways. One in particular has really made me stop and think about how I'm living my life..
Her name was Deanna. Everyone that knew her would tell you that she was a beautiful person inside and out. She always had something nice to say to brighten your whole day. Just being around her would make your whole day brighter though because she was always smiling.

{On the day of Deanna's funeral it was very clear that she touched many lives. Traffic was backed up near the funeral home because so many people showed up. At one point police had to turn people away because they ran out of parking spots.}


When I heard all the things people had to say about her it really made me think.. what would people say about me?

If I were to die tomorrow.. or even in the next hour.. how would I be remembered? Would I be remembered as the girl that was always smiling and could brighten everyone's day, or as the Negative Nancy that no one wanted to be around? And as a Christian it makes me wonder if I've lived my life in a way that points to Christ? Did I love the way He loves?

It also makes me question whether I've been "living life to the fullest." Off the top of my head my answer would be no, I haven't. I've been sitting back for years, letting fear keep me from living life and experiencing new things. I want to change all that. Especially for my son. I don't want fear to keep me from creating new and exciting memories with/for him.


* So how about you... What would people say about you? And do you think you have been living life to the fullest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs