Confession Time

Saturday, October 16, 2010

I'm sure most of you have noticed that I haven't really blogged about Washington... In fact if you've been reading for a while you may have noticed that all I've really been blogging about lately is baby stuff. So why have I been avoiding the subject of life here in WA? Well.. because I've been too ashamed to admit that I'm miserably homesick and I've been throwing a hissyfit about having to move here.

Yep. I'm a 24 year old military wife that is angry about having to move away from her hometown. Go ahead.. stone me now!

I'm sure I'm not the the first (or last) mil spouse that has ever been homesick or angry about having to move far away from her family & friends.. but.. I still feel ashamed about it! It's kinda like when your spouse is deployed and you try your best to avoid people so you don't have to put on a fake smile and lie when they ask how you've been doing... You don't want them to know that you're actually having a hard time, because you're afraid they might think you are weak. Well I've been avoiding mentioning anything about Washington because I don't want to lie when people ask me how I like it here. Because the truth is right now I hate it. I miss home + all my family and friends.

I know what y'all are thinking (besides get over it & deal with it girlfriend!),"why haven't you found a spouse support group to meet people?" Well.. I have thought of that.. but J's command is small and they don't offer any family support groups.. and I don't know where else to look.


Hopefully things will get better/easier for me soon though.. *crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs