Prego Update

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

*UPDATE AT BOTTOM OF POST!*

I recently made the switch from a military OB to a civilian and I'm SO glad I did! I absolutely LOVE my new doctor!! She makes me feel much more relaxed than the military doctors did. (Plus, it's nice knowing exactly who will be delivering my baby. The Naval hospital couldn't tell me who my doctor would be.. they said it depends on who is training that day. Um.. yeah.. no thanks.)

Anyway, today I had an appointment and it went very well. The baby's heartbeat is still beating good & strong. The first time we heard the heartbeat it was beating around 162, and today it was around the same. It still amazes me every time I hear it! :) Yes people, I'm still in shock that I'm actually pregnant! haha

As for me, I've been feeling much better. I still have days where I don't feel like doing anything but laying around (usually after a night of no sleep due to the fact that I was waking up a bunch to tinkle) but for the most part my energy is coming back. I'm still craving lots of fruit, and for a while I was wanting grilled cheeses every single day.. usually around midnight.

Speaking of cravings.. One night I couldn't sleep so I sat in bed and watched TV, and a HV Ranch commercial came on. You know the one where the people are at a fair and instead of eating popcorn or cotton candy they are eating veggies covered in ranch dressing? Well, after watching that commercial I had a sudden craving for some veggies + ranch. It felt like if I didn't get any and quick I was going to die. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit but it was a strong craving! The only problem was that we didn't have any and J was sound asleep. I was sooooo tempted to wake him up but I knew he needed to get up early for work so I didn't. I even considered driving to Walmart alone but I was still learning my way around the area so I was afraid I would get lost. Thankfully J got me some the next day though! ha

I've been slowly gaining weight (probably from all those grilled cheeses) and it's mostly in my belly. Not that I'm complaining! & In case you're wondering I didn't take any pictures of my belly until I was almost 14 weeks.. mainly because I didn't feel like I had much of a bump until then.

13 weeks & 6 days
(Please excuse my hair.. it needed to be cut.)

And here is a photo from today:
16 weeks & 6 days
We should find out the sex in two weeks!! It's going to be the longest two weeks of my life! :)

*UPDATE*  I made a poll so you can vote what you think the sex will be! You can find it at the top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs